How will you define digital adoption basics? Why is it important in running and thriving a business in 2021 and beyond?
In this post, we will cover the following topics for you:
- What is digital adoption?
- Why is digital adoption important today?
- How can you effectively facilitate digital adoption?
- What are the challenges of digital adoption?
- Why consider a Digital Adoption Platform?
Digital Adoption Basics
1. What is digital adoption?
Digital adoption is a state where a user can fully use digital technology to its full capacity- tools, software, or application.
Or this should also mean that the user can use such tools in doing a variety of digital processes. That is without hardship and resistance. Thus, reaping productivity and more efficiency in business outputs.
2. Why is digital adoption important today?
Most of today’s companies are undertaking digital transformation initiatives. This likely includes the use of new tools, applications, and software in boosting business operations and processes.
So it is expected for the employees to go through a period of adjustment in using the new tools. Otherwise, the company will not get its return of investment (ROI). Because no matter how costly a digital tool is, but if without proper use, it is useless and ineffective.
3. How can you effectively facilitate digital adoption?
A smooth transition (from old traditional ways to modern digital ways) can only be achieved if the company applies the following, for example:
- Classroom training
- Knowledge transfer
- Using Digital Adoption Platforms
Why are all of these means of training important?
Every user (employee) is unique in its ways of effective learning. One user may learn more by kinesthetic learning (learning while doing). While the other may learn better by interpersonal learning (learning with others). So you have to adapt based on your users’ needs.
4. What are the challenges of digital adoption?
According to McKinsey research, more than 70% of organizations fail digital adoption because of the following factors:
- Board resistance- when the leaders themselves are reluctant to change
- Employee resistance- when the employees themselves are also avoiding the change. Perhaps because of lack of training and being too attached to the old ways. Or it can be because they do not fully understand why the change is necessary.
- Lack of collaboration- if a DX initiative fails the support of the departments, the investment will fail. Because aside from the technology factor, DX also achieves access through the people factor.
- Poor digital mindset- having the digital mindset is foremost important to leaders. Of course, they are leading the change. But if leaders themselves lack in proper digital mindset, the employees follow.
- Lack of preparation- DX is like any other investment, it can only succeed with good strategy. Also, with enough preparation.
5. Why consider a Digital Adoption Platform?
A Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) can work alongside your web-based applications. By adapting DAP in your digital adoption journey, your users can learn and adapt more effectively.
- Provide on-screen guidance in-app
- Provide contextual help
Thus, DAP can personalize learning to each user.