Digital transformation and IoT are now working together. How? Read on below to know, then.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital Transformation (Dx) is the process of changing an organization’s business model. To respond to new digital technologies and taking advantage of emerging digital opportunities. It is also an ongoing digital evolution that requires a rethinking of the way we work. As well as how and do business to deliver value and remain competitive in a fast-changing world.
Dx is about:
- How we work. Changing our work style and processes to leverage new technologies and delivery models.
- How we use technology. Extending digital capabilities to the edge of the enterprise.
- How we partner. Working with customers, suppliers, and employees. Also, with external agencies to create better experiences for all parties.
What is IoT?
The Internet of Things or IoT is the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with
These enable these objects to connect and exchange data. These devices also collect and exchange data with the manufacturer, operator, and/or other connected devices and applications sometimes in the cloud.
Digital Transformation and IoT Working Together
IoT is a major enabler of Dx. Using IoT technologies, Dx can also enable a company to change its business model to respond to new digital opportunities. Further, IoT technologies can help a company create an end-to-end digital business model that delivers new kinds of value to customers, partners, and employees.
The following are the key areas where IoT plays a role in Dx:
- Business model reinvented. Digital technologies such as sensors and actuators, cloud computing, and analytics enable new ways to design products and services. By connecting physical objects with digital technologies, it is possible to deliver new kinds of digital services. For example, a company can connect its products and services with embedded sensors and cloud analytics to monitor and analyze how they are used.
- Customer experience. Digital technologies can help businesses design better customer experiences. When connected with the right software, these objects can provide personalized information. And services based on customer preferences or needs. For example, a retail store can use beacon technology to connect with customers’ mobile devices. To enhance the shopping experience through location-based promotions. Moreover, an oil company can use IoT to check the performance of its facilities in real-time. And provide predictive maintenance services before equipment breaks down.
- Business process redesign. Digital technologies can be used to redesign business processes. It enables businesses to complete repetitive tasks faster by leveraging technology. For example, smart manufacturing allows manufacturers to use IoT technologies. For collecting information from connected equipment to analyze production conditions in real-time which decreases downtime due to failures. Dx & IoT have the power to transform organizations by delivering new kinds of value for customers, employees, partners & shareholders.
IoT has helped many enterprises in achieving their Dx goals smoothly by making the whole process easier & effective. Dx & IoT are not limited to the above points; rather you can explore more use cases of these two terms along with their benefits for your enterprise.
So what are you waiting for? Transform your enterprise now, too!