Are you facing digital adoption challenges now? Or are you preparing for the possible ones when you adopt a new tool ahead?
You are not alone in the dilemma. In fact, almost “$1.3 trillion are spent on digital transformation last year, $900 billion was wasted” (according to Harvard Business Review).
“More than 70% of digital adoption initiatives fail” -McKinsey Research
But what are the challenges and most common factors that lead to adoption failure?
Know the factors affecting employee performance
Most Common Digital Adoption Challenges
Training users for a new digital tool involves hard work and costs. You must, of course, develop training materials that may cost you hours. In addition, depending on your arrangements, hiring trainers, or travel costs for trainees and presenters- all mean costs. Not to mention the costs if you opt to rent a place for training.
On the other hand, if you handle the training within the office premises, this also means a loss of productivity or work output for the day.
Another challenge is when an app, software, or digital tool updates its features and uses. Because this means additional training. Updates are inevitable because technology changes over time. And you cannot opt for a later version. Otherwise, you will deal with bugs and potential cyber threats.
Onboarding does not stop training for users. However, many do fail in only focusing on the first release of the new technology. While neglecting the training afterward. This, too, results in digital adoption failure.
3. Knowledge Retention
Knowledge retention in users is a common problem also. In fact, we tend to forget almost 70% of what we learn in training sessions within 24 hours. How much more is the retention value of new learnings that run for more days and even weeks? This factor also loses productivity and adoption.
4. Tracking and Analysis
Aside from the dilemmas that come with change, also comes the need for continuous tracking, measurement, and analysis.
This is important because by doing so you will know :
- How your users are using the new technology
- Track the overall percentage of digital adoption
Knowing Software Walkthroughs
Software walkthroughs serve as interactive guides for users on how to use a new app or its feature. For example, they can appear as pop-up balloons. These pop-ups will then lead users where to click. Perhaps give instructions on how to complete a certain process or function.
How Software Walkthroughs Can Help
Software walkthroughs can be like a personal guide for each user. Moreover, software walkthroughs can simplify the tasks of training.
Here are more ways adapting software walkthroughs can help, for example:
- Training: software walkthroughs can help users on a personal level on how to use a platform. Also, in case of new features, it can highlight the changes. Thus, excusing you of the need for additional classroom training.
- Onboarding: for new users, software walkthroughs can also help them as the old users. Perhaps your Digital Adoption Platform can help you provide a software walkthrough designed for new users.
- Knowledge retention: another benefit of using software walkthroughs is they are available at any time of the day- 24/7. So it can provide help whenever a user calls it to.
- Tracking & analysis: lastly, it can provide the company with tracking and analysis reports. So leaders can easily see how their users perform with the new tools.