What is the digital transformation of business process? How can your company successfully do this? What are the steps to do so? To know more, keep on reading.
Digital Transformation of Business Process
A digital transformation of the business process means being able to shift from an existing process to a different process. It is a situation where an existing process is replaced and substituted by a new one. The existing process is traditional and the new one is the digital one. This can be done in several ways which will be discussed in this article.
Further, this kind of process is done to be able to achieve better results. The main goal of it is to improve revenue, reduce costs and increase efficiency as well as productivity. It also aims to give a better customer experience through innovation and technology.
Digital Transformation of Business Process: The Types
There are two types of business processes, namely: the continuous processes and the transactional processes. Each type has its transformation which will be discussed in this article as follows:
- Continuous Processes. These are those that are always happening such as HR, operations, marketing, supply chain, and more. It requires a lot of data and information for you to keep track of what’s going on in your business. Then, you need to break down your processes into smaller tasks to execute them faster. Technology is also helpful here so you can automate certain tasks as well as gain insights from large amounts of data you get from these tasks. Lastly, you need to find ways to improve collaboration as this will enable you to gain insights where most needed.
- Transactional Processes. These are those that happen once or twice like sales transactions, credit card transactions, appointment scheduling, and more. These happen once or twice only. So there’s no need for you to break down your tasks or use technology here. But it’s still important that you do continuous improvement to gain more insights from your data since these processes happen only once or twice. In addition, you can use technology here to make things easier for your customers. Such as offering them an app for them to book their appointments easily without having to call you first or make an email inquiry about it first before they can book it.
These two types of business processes have their ways of how they could be transformed digitally. But both share some things in common too such as to:
- keep track of what’s going on in your business
- gain insights from data
- improve collaboration
To achieve digital transformation of business process, there are three steps that you need to do:
- Firstly, understand.
- Then, break down your process.
- Lastly, automate and innovate.
As you can see, digital transformation of business process is a very important thing to do. To stay competitive in the market, you need to do this. You can make sure that your processes are transformed digitally by following the steps I’ve just discussed in this article.