Do you know what a digital adoption platform is? Do you know what its purpose is for a company’s digital adoption journey? If you want to know more, keep reading below.
Digital Adoption Platform
A digital adoption platform is beyond a software product. It is a tool that helps in the digital adoption process of an organization. It serves as a platform for:
- C-suite to digitally transform in alignment with the company’s vision and mission;
- Operational excellence, by improving operational efficiency;
- Employee engagement by encouraging employee participation in the digital transformation journey; and
- Reduce time to market through innovation management.
A digital adoption platform can be used to:
- Enable digital adoption by putting technology at the center of the organization’s activities, instead of treating it as an afterthought or a “nice-to-have”;
- Align the business with the current trends in technology, so it will have an effective way to address opportunities and challenges of today’s digital economy;
- Improve operational efficiency through automation, empowering employees to work smarter without having to worry about mundane tasks or manual errors that can cause compliance issues or security risks;
- Optimize processes by allowing employees to improve their workflows through integration with other business systems, resulting in reduced cycle times, and reduced costs; and
- Enable faster innovation by empowering employees to use their data to make decisions for their work.
Digital Adoption Platform Challenges
It is not uncommon for companies to have difficulties in adopting technology across all their stakeholders. A digital adoption platform can help mitigate these challenges, but only if it is properly implemented.
Companies should assess what are the main challenges of their digital adoption journey. Then, they should carefully select their platform, ensuring that it has tools that meet their needs.
For example, if businesses are struggling with data governance, then they should look for a solution that prioritizes data governance over everything else. The same goes for any other challenge faced by businesses when it comes to adopting technology across the organization.
They can choose a platform that has a built-in data governance framework, so they will have an easier time addressing any data governance challenges on their digital adoption journey.
In addition, they should look for a platform that supports the business’s business goals. Otherwise, the company will have a hard time justifying its implementation of a digital adoption platform.
What Are the Success Factors?
The following are some of the factors that businesses should consider when selecting a digital adoption platform:
- Business Ownership – Business owners should be involved in implementing technology within the company. They should understand the importance of aligning technology with the organization’s needs and goals
- Business Alignment – Technology cannot be properly implemented if it is not aligned with the organization’s vision and mission. So, they must be clear about what kind of technology they want in their organizations and how technology will help them achieve their goals and objectives.
- Business Values – The company must have clear values on how technology can help achieve its goals and objectives, as well as values on how employees will contribute to achieving these goals and objectives using technology.
- Business Strategy – A good business strategy will allow businesses to align themselves with current trends in technology while staying relevant amidst today’s technological advancements.